Monday, January 24, 2011

Back from Jerusalem and The West Bank

Just got back from three days of exploring. Most of my friends and family thought I was nuts to go, but their impressions are based upon what they on US TV, and yes I have a few FOX-news types in my family. The ability to speak Arabic really is a huge advantage and I was able to go and see things that most "tourists" never do. Also, most officical U.S. representatives just can't go check things out. I spent some time with several friends who are West Bank/Gaza and they can never enter Gaza and rarely enter the West Bank. That is really interesting because many times they never see their projects and with the limited or "bizarre" access they do get it makes me wonder who is really on the ground observing and processing things.

I'll write more later and post some pictures of the West Bank and some of the new settlements that are going up. Very tragic regardless of what side you fall on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment