Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bad Omen?????????????

I must be quick on the refresh button because for the second year in a row I have an early OA date. I am not certain, but I think I have the first available day this cycle. We have some good friends who live in the DC area so the whole family flew out last year and we made a mini vacation out of it. It was the first time for my kids so we hit a lot of the major sites, and the icing on the the cake was a Goo Goo Dolls concert the night after the OA. They are one of my favorite if not my favorite groups to see in concert.

If you have read any of my dribble you know that I came up just short with a 5.2. With the budget crisis and hiring uncertainty I didn't like my chances to make it back to the OA. So I made it, have my OA date, and the Goo Goo Dolls are back in DC the night after my OA date for the second year in a row. As much as I would LOVE to see them again I am thinking I will just hop on the last plane back to Denver on the 25th. So, sorry Johnny Rzenik, but this year rather than drowning my sorrows with Name, Iris, and Slide I'll just sit in my middle seat in the back of the bus with those little bottles of scotch celebrating(hopefully) with the person who keeps stealing both arm rests.

No comments:

Post a Comment