Thursday, March 17, 2011

PNQ's Submitted

I just hit the submit button and it is done. I nearly hit the submit button earlier, but as I proofread one last time, I decided to write a new essay for the Intellectual Skills narrative. I guess only time will tell if that was the right move. It was a coin flip between a story that I used last year, and a fresher experience that showed a different side of me. Also, since I am ex-military and I hit on that experience in the leadership narrative and the new sixth narrative I wanted to do something different.

Timing is usually everything and this might wind up being one of the worst times in recent history to be entering the QEP phase. It will be interesting to see just how quickly the State Department has flipped the switch on the QEP to reflect the current state of affairs on the hiring front. I imagine the magic line in all of the cones will be a lot higher than it was last year.

If I don't make it to the OA this time around, it won't be because I used the same narratives. I wound up using only two of the same stories, one major edit, and three new ones. I upped my overall FSOT by twelve points, have a SCNL, and several new experiences so I definitely didn't rest on my laurels or did I change too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment